Continuing Education Courses for Midwives
ACCREDITED CE COURSES
Neonatal Resuscitation Program (NRP)
NRP Course Description
This course has been designed to teach an evidence-based approach to resuscitation of the newborn. The causes, prevention, and management of mild to severe neonatal asphyxia are carefully explained so that health professionals may develop optimal knowledge and skill in resuscitation.
The Neonatal Resuscitation Program is an educational program that introduces the concepts and basic skills of neonatal resuscitation. Completion of the program does not imply that an individual has the competence to perform neonatal resuscitation. Each hospital/agency is responsible for determining the level of competence and qualifications required for someone to assume clinical responsibility for neonatal resuscitation.
Newborn Screening - The Midwife's Role
The goal of this program is to familiarize nurses with practices and issues surrounding conditions for which newborns are often screened. After studying the information presented here, you will be able to—
- Identify three conditions for which infants are commonly screened at birth.
- Discuss the midwife’s role in the screening and follow-up of infants in different healthcare settings.
- Name three situations that could lead to false-positive or false-negative resultes.
NON- ACCREDITED CE COURSES
Preventing Infant Death and Injury During Delivery
While a healthy and safe birth for the mother and infant is the goal for all midwives—regardless of the level of services available—in some instances...
The Sobering Facts About Fetal Alcohol Exposure
The goal of this program is to enhance midwife's knowledge of fetal alcohol spectrum disorders. After studying the information presented here, you will be able to —
- Discuss the spectrum of birth defects related to prenatal alcohol consumption known as fetal alcohol spectrum disorders.
- List three physiologic, social-emotional, mental, or cognitive effects of alcohol spectrum disorders.
- Describe the role of the midwife in alcohol spectrum disorder prevention and care.
Utah Midwives Association